Hello there!

Are you new to The Golden Tether? Perhaps you've been a patron for some time but are new to the forums? Drop in here and introduce yourself!

Moderator: OOC Staff

Amaai
New Patron

Hello there!

Post by Amaai »

I'm just getting back into furcadia, and I've been eyeing joining the TGT for a long time. However, anxiety and other things kept me at bay!
But now, I'm happy to say I'm finally here, I'll be popping into the dream soon once I get my character all settled.

I do have one question, I'm contemplating bringing in one of my characters or making a character from my novel that I've been working on into TGT. They are anthros, and they do come from planets where technology is present, but is mostly concentrated in certain areas. It's more of a ..medieval with magicks and such. Their name is..kinda odd, but it has a deep meaning to it. Is it alright for me to make a character based on my novel's species for TGT?
Muunokhoi
Owner

Re: Hello there!

Post by Muunokhoi »

:D Welcome to the dream !

That sounds like it would be okay to me. You can read more about the technology levels here. Magic also has a pretty big part in the dream, and can compensate for a lot of technology sort of things. Such as making ice ! Within reason though, of course.
Tasted the snake's poison | Broke every bone | Twelve thousand gunshot wounds | But there's nothing that whiskey can't cure, oh

Muunokhoi|Yoska|Kanrik
Siena
Totally OP

Post by Siena »

Keep in mind any modern tech simply does not exist in TGT! So your character wouldn't be able to bring any modern tech with them and it'd be a bit of a faux pas for them to discuss any modern tech, since it simply doesn't fit within TGTs continuity.
The link Muun sent you should be enough.

Otherwise, welcome to TGT! :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Ntreshya
New Patron

Post by Ntreshya »

Welcome :)
Amaai
New Patron

Post by Amaai »

Thank you all for the welcome! I understand! She doesn't have any modern technology on her, since she lives in a small village. Most of the technology is well, in big cities or hidden. She's one of the many that hasn't tapped into her magical reserves or uses technology. Old fashion work!

I'm hoping it's a good way to introduce my novel in some ways, as well as work on my writing. But mostly have fun!
Loraen
TGT Dedicated

Post by Loraen »

Welcome, welcome! Great to see a new face around here. If you ever have any further questions, simply typing *staff in our dream will tell you which staff members are online. We'd be happy to answer any of your questions. :)